[slurm-users] How to assign maximum cores to particular department

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 5 07:48:06 UTC 2021

Dear Zainul,

Zainul Abiddin <zainul1114 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> Please help us to explain the details for below scenario’s
>
> We have two nodes(smaster, snode) with 16 cores each, Totally 32cores and We have 3 Departments with 4 Students each.
> 1. How to create a cluster (ex: hpcc)
> 2. How to create an account(D1) and add to a specific cluster(hpcc).
> 3. How to create a user(d1user1) and assign to specific account(D1)
> 4. How can we assign maximum 8cores to each Dept (D1, D2 and D3)
> 5. How to control a user to submit only assigned dept (D1)
> 6. How to list assigned cores with respect to Dept(D1) and Node(cores from which node)
> 7. How to assign complete nodes to particular Dept (D1)
> 8. How to submit priority job with maximum cores and maximum time (around 30cores)
> 9. Limit the maximum number of running cores (4) for all users in a dept(D1)
> 10. How to assign a user to run jobs in multiple departments like two departments (D1,D2)
> 11. How to modify user department D1 to D2 and delete user,account

I am not sure how many people on the list will have time to answer all
your questions.

For me, you are asking too many questions in one posting.  In addition,
I think that you can find many of the answers to your questions by
reading the Slurm documentation, in particular the man pages for the
individual commands (e.g. see 'man acctmgr' for information about
setting up users and assigning them to accounts).

If you then encounter a specific problem, write to the list saying what
you tried and what error you got.

Regards

Loris

--