[slurm-users] random allocation of resources

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:27:40 UTC 2021

That would make sense, as slurm would not be aware of anything else.
Slurmd does not report any ongoing status of resources. It is slurmctld
that keeps track of what it has allocated.

If you truly want something like this, you could have a wrapper script
look at available nodes, pick a random one and set the job to use that node.

Brian Andrus