[slurm-users] random allocation of resources

mercan ahmet.mercan at uhem.itu.edu.tr
Wed Dec 1 20:05:46 UTC 2021

Hi;

The Slurm is selecting the nodes according to the weight parameter of
the nodes. I don't know any settings to change the way of the selecting
node, except the changing values of the weights. But it is not a
suitable for the randomly selecting nodes.

Fortunately, absolutely there is not any reason that I know to randomly
selecting nodes. The modern hardware is not delicate as you thought.
Nevertheless, if you want to circulate the nodes, you can change weights
of the nodes, for example, at every three months.

Regards,

Ahmet M.