[slurm-users] slurmstepd: error: Too many levels of symbolic links

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Wed Dec 1 08:25:31 UTC 2021

Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at spacescience.ro> writes:

> Hi! Does anyone know what could the the cause of such error?
> I have a shared home, slurm 20.11.8 and i try a simple script in the submit directory
> which is in the home that is nfs shared...

We had the "Too many levels of symbolic links" error some years ago,
while using a combination of automounting nfs areas and private fs name
spaces to get a private /tmp for each job.  In the end we had to give up
using automount, and implement a manual procedure that mounts/umounts
the needed nfs areas.

--
B/H