[slurm-users] Spurious OOM-kills with cgroups on 20.11.8?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Aug 10 22:58:16 UTC 2021

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure the job is actually getting
killed. I don't see it running in the process table and the local SLURM log
just displays:

[2021-08-10T16:31:36.139] [6628753.batch] error: Detected 1 oom-kill
event(s) in StepId=6628753.batch cgroup. Some of your processes may have
been killed by the cgroup out-of-memory handler.

Best,

Sean