[slurm-users] Slurm reservation for migrating user home directories

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Apr 16 14:21:07 UTC 2021

Hi Niels Carl,

On 16-04-2021 14:41, Niels Carl Hansen wrote:
> For each account do
>       sacctmgr modify account name=<accountname> set GrpJobs=0
>
> After sync'ing, resume with
>       sacctmgr modify account name=<accountname> set GrpJobs=-1

Yes, but this would block all jobs from <accountname> immediately.  If
this account had a week-long job running, it couldn't run any shorter
jobs until after the migration.

That's why I'm thinking that a system reservation excluding all jobs
from <accountname> could be created several weeks in advance, so that
<accountname> jobs could keep starting and running until they would be
blocked by the reservation.

I'm thinking of a reservation something like this:

scontrol create reservation starttime=...  duration=12:00:00
ReservationName=migrate_physics nodes=ALL Accounts=-physics

Would this work as expected?

Best regards,
Ole