[slurm-users] Running gpu and cpu jobs on the same node

Ahmad Khalifa underoath006 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:12:02 UTC 2020

I have a machine with 4 rtx2080ti and a core i9. I submit jobs to it
through MPI PMI2 (from Relion).

If I use 5 MPI and 4 threads, then basically I'm using all 4 GPUs and 20
threads of my cpu.

My question is, my current configuration allows submitting jobs to the same
node, but with a different partition, but I'm not sure if I use #SBATCH
--partition=cpu that the submitted jobs will only use the remaining 2 cores
(4 threads) or is it going to share resources with my gpu job?!

Thanks.