[slurm-users] Slurmctld and log file

Gestió Servidors sysadmin.caos at uab.cat
Tue Sep 8 13:02:33 UTC 2020

Hello,

My slurm logrotate file looks like this:

> /var/log/slurm/*.log {

>     weekly

>     compress

>     missingok

>     nocopytruncate

>     nocreate

>     nodelaycompress

>     nomail

>     notifempty

>     noolddir

>     rotate 5

>     sharedscripts

>     size=5M

>     create 640 slurm slurm

>     postrotate

>         systemctl reload slurmd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

>         systemctl reload slurmdbd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

>         systemctl reload slurmctld > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

>     endscript

> }

The reload section is probably the most important part yours is missing.

Mmm, maybe, I'm going to add "postrate" section. Thanks!!!!

Is that a typo? The daemon is "slurmctld" not "slurmdctl", so you have

rotated (and created) the wrong file, which will not be written to...

The daemon is "slurmctld, but I don't know why (???) I wrote "slurmdctl.conf" as log file... One thing is the daemon name and other thing is where it writes. I suppose this is not the problem. Thanks!