[slurm-users] How to see how much a job would be billed?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Oct 30 14:32:18 UTC 2020

Hello all.

Is there a way to see how much a job, requesting the given set of TRES
for the given time, would get billed according to the scheduler decisions?

I tried
srun --test-only -t 1-0 -p blade -n 32 --mem 1g
but it only reports the expected start time.

I thought I saw it, but can't find it anymore... Maybe I dreamed?

It could be really useful to check how changes in the config would
affect billing (maybe it's just me, but getting TresBillingWeights right
seems not easy...).
It could even allow users to take better-informed decisions...

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia