[slurm-users] Node random selection

Gestió Servidors sysadmin.caos at uab.cat
Fri Oct 30 08:00:51 UTC 2020

Hello,

My students cluster has 12 computers that act as "execution node". I have configured a partition where these 12 computers are defined. When someone submits a job that requires only one computer, if 12 computers are available, always job runs in the first defined computer in slurm.conf.

In slurm.conf, I have configured scheduling as follows:
# SCHEDULING
FastSchedule=1
SchedulerType=sched/backfill
SelectType=select/cons_res
SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core

Is there any configuration way to get a node random selection when all nodes in the partition are idle and available (with the same conditions and HW resources)?

Thanks.