[slurm-users] Partition QOS limit not being enforced

Durai Arasan arasan.durai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:20:44 UTC 2020

Hello,

We recently created a new partition with the following slurm.conf and QOS
settings:

*cat /etc/slurm/slurm.conf | grep part-long*
*PartitionName=part-long Nodes=node-1,node-2,node-3 Default=YES,
AllowAccounts=group1,group2 TRESBillingWeights="gres/gpu=22" MaxNodes=1
MaxTime=10-0 QOS=long-10d-jobs State=UP*

*sacctmgr show qos format=Name,MaxJobsPU*

*       Name MaxJobsPU      ---------         ----------       normal
    long-10d-+                  2 *

With the above configuration I am able to run 3 jobs simultaneously so
obviously the partition QOS limit is not being enforced. Do you know why?

I also wanted to ask if AccountingStorageEnforce has any relevance here.
Because we have not set that in slurm.conf

Thank you,
Durai