[slurm-users] SLES 15 rpmbuild from 20.02.5 tarball wants munge-libs: system munge RPMs don't provide it

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:34:59 UTC 2020

I concur with so much of this.

One thing I tend to do is just keep my own .spec file updated to build
the various things I need done in a particular way (openmpi, slurm, etc)

When a source is updated, I update it as necessary, but at least I have
a known process and environment for my packages. Source control for me
is just that spec file.

Brian Andrus

On 10/20/2020 8:46 AM, Michael Jennings wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 October 2020, at 15:49:25 (+0800),
> Kevin Buckley wrote:
>
>> On 2020/10/20 11:50, Christopher Samuel wrote:
>>> I forgot I do have access to a SLES15 SP1 system, that has:
>>>
>>> # rpm -q libmunge2 --provides
>>> libmunge.so.2()(64bit)
>>> libmunge2 = 0.5.14-4.9.1
>>> libmunge2(x86-64) = 0.5.14-4.9.1