[slurm-users] SLES 15 rpmbuild from 20.02.5 tarball wants munge-libs: system munge RPMs don't provide it

Kevin Buckley Kevin.Buckley at pawsey.org.au
Tue Oct 20 02:15:44 UTC 2020

On 2020/10/19 13:58, Chris Samuel wrote:

> I've not had problems building Slurm 20.02.x on SLES15 SP0 (CLE7.0 UP01), so
> I'm wondering if something big happened with munge in SP1?

According to Chris Dunlap, the vanilla Munge tarball no longer contains
a SUSE-specific SPEC-file, because he has a hard time keeping up with all
of the variants in packaging (Q: Why does the development part of a package
derived from the BZIP2 sources need to be called - "provide" if you like -
anything other than bzip2-devel?) and he suggested I use the SPEC-file
hosted at  OpenSUSE's "factory" but of course that's not in the vanilla
Munge tarball.

> I'd suggest opening a bug with SchedMD on this to check into what's happening,
> they'll likely be able to help with this!
I am building it on a VirtualBox VM, Chris: I doubt their support runs to that
degree of individuality, especially as it's not my own money that pays for our
Centre's support. And a good job too, if you ask me!

Anyroad, not only did I get it going, I now know why rpmbuild-ing from the
tarballs failed.

Just out of interest though, when you built yours on CLE7.0 UP01, what provided
the munge: the vannila SLES munge, or a Cray munge ?