[slurm-users] Getting --gpus -request in job_submit.lua

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Wed Nov 25 17:35:22 UTC 2020

Hi Niels,

Have you found a solution? I just noticed this recently as well. We've traditionally told our users to use --gres:gpu:tesla:# for requesting gpus. Then, our job submit plugin would detect the gres ask, specifically gpu, and set a a qos, and partition accordingly. Unforutnately I started pushing folks to use -G1, or --gpus=1 for simplicity and just realized our plugin does not pick up gpu stuff anymore. Looking at the docs here:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/job_submit_plugins.html

The lua portion says that the function: " _get_job_req_field()" should highlight the attributes available. Yet, the gpu request specifics don't appear to be there in the code:

https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/src/plugins/job_submit/lua/job_submit_lua.c

Here is hoping slurm devs can add them, or point to the correct attributes to use. I did try "gpus_per_task" but that didn't work.

Best,
Chris

--
Christopher Coffey