[slurm-users] ninja and cmake

David Bellot david.bellot at lifetrading.com.au
Wed Nov 25 00:44:57 UTC 2020

Hi,

I installed a cluster with 10 nodes and I'd like to try compiling a very
large code base using all the nodes. The context is as follows:
- my code base is in C++, I use gcc.
- configuration is done with CMake
- compilation is processed by ninja (something similar to make)

I can srun ninja and get the code base compiled on another node using as
many cores as I want on the other node.

Now what I want to do is to have each file being compiled as a single Slurm
job, so that I can spread my compilation over all the nodes of the cluster
and not just on one machine.

I know that ccache and distcc exist and I use them, but here I want to test
if it's possible to do it with Slurm (as a proof of concept).

Cheers,
David