[slurm-users] job_desc_msg_t and job_record_t

Huda, Zia Ul z.huda at fz-juelich.de
Tue Nov 17 07:50:47 UTC 2020

Hi Wu,

As the name itselff suggests, job_desc_msg_t structure is used to communicate the data about job between different components of slurm. job_record_t is the one that is used by slurm to store the data about a job locally. I hope this explanation helps.

It depends, if updating one effects the values of the other, upon when the changes are made. If a job_rec_t is being created from update job_desc_msg_t instance then of course its values will be new ones and vice versa.

Best regards.

--------------------
Zia Ul Huda
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Institute for Advanced Simulation (IAS)
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Wilhelm-Johnen-Straße
52425 Jülich, Germany

Phone: +49 2461 61 96905
E-mail:  z.huda at fz-juelich.de<mailto:z.huda at fz-juelich.de>

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing