[slurm-users] can't lengthen my jobs log

john abignail abignailjohn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:57:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

My jobs database empties after about 1 day. "sacct -a" returns no results.
I've tried to lengthen that, but have been unsuccessful. I've tried adding
the following to slurmdbd.conf and restarting slurmdbd:
ArchiveJobs=yes
PurgeEventAfter=1month
PurgeJobAfter=12month
PurgeResvAfter=1month
PurgeStepAfter=1month
PurgeSuspendAfter=1month
PurgeTXNAfter=12month
PurgeUsageAfter=24month
No job archives appear (in the default /tmp dir) either. What I'd like to
do is have the slurm database retain information on jobs for at least a few
weeks, writing out data beyond that threshold to files, but mainly I just
want to keep job data in the database for longer.

Regards,
John