[slurm-users] Slurm Upgrade

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Nov 2 16:15:38 UTC 2020

On 11/2/20 7:31 am, Paul Edmon wrote:

> e. Run slurmdbd -Dvvvvv to do the database upgrade. Depending on the
> upgrade this can take a while because of database schema changes.

I'd like to emphasis the importance of doing the DB upgrade in this way,
do not use systemctl for this as if systemd runs out of patience waiting
for slurmdbd to finish the migration and start up it can kill it part
way through the migration.

Fortunately not something I've run into myself, but as our mysqldump of
our production DB is approaching 100GB now it's not something we want to
run into!

All the best,
Chris
--