[slurm-users] require info on merging diff core count nodes under single queue or partition

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Mon May 18 13:59:14 UTC 2020

Hi Sudeep,

I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem but in your slurm.conf
you have

  # COMPUTE NODES

  NodeName=node[1-10] Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=8 ThreadsPerCore=1 Procs=16  RealMemory=60000  State=IDLE
  NodeName=gpu[1-2] CPUs=16 Gres=gpu:2 State=IDLE

  NodeName=node[11-22] Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 Procs=32 State=IDLE
  NodeName=node[23-24] Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=20 ThreadsPerCore=1 Procs=40 State=IDLE
  NodeName=gpu[3-4] CPUs=32 Gres=gpu:1 State=IDLE

But if you read

  man slurm.conf

you will find the following under the description of the parameter
"State" for nodes:

  "IDLE" should not be specified in the node configuration, but set the
  node state to "UNKNOWN" instead.

Cheers,

Loris

--