[slurm-users] update or fresh install slurm 20.x

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri May 1 07:45:56 UTC 2020

On 01-05-2020 09:21, Felix Farcas wrote:
> I did install a new server ARC-CE with slurm-20.x
>
> I installed only one node for testing.
>
> On my old nodes I do have slurm-17.x
>
> Now I am asking, if I am going to move my old nodes to the new sever
> with slurm.20.x do i have to remove old slurm and install the new one,
> or the two version can function together?

You may upgrade at most by 2 major versions of Slurm.  For example,
17.02 to 18.08, then 18.08 to 20.02.  I have collected information about
this in my Wiki page:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#upgrading-slurm

Upgrading of the Slurm database must be done really carefully as
described in this page.

/Ole