[slurm-users] Is it safe to convert cons_res to cons_tres on a running system?

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:21:54 UTC 2020

When I changed this on a running system, no jobs were killed, but
slurm lost track of jobs on nodes and was unable to kill them or tell
when they were finished until slurmd on each node was restarted.  I
let running jobs complete and monitored them manually, and restarted
slurmd on each node as they finished.

In desperation, you can do it, but it might be better to wait until no
jobs (or few jobs) are running.