[slurm-users] Questions about spank plugins

Sajid Ali sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 23 04:18:41 UTC 2020

Hi Slurm-community,

I have a few questions regarding spank plugins :

[1] When I submit a test batch job using sbatch with a test spank plugin
(specifically this one `
https://github.com/yqin/slurm-plugins/blob/master/spank_demo.c`) enabled, I
see in my output only a few functions print slurm_info to screen. Where is
the output from the rest of the functions (from completion of submission to
job completion completion) redirected to ? (I want to see for example
`slurm_spank_task_init` being called.)

[2] If I want to manipulate env vars after a job is allocated resources and
before the job starts to run, (specifically `SLURM_JOB_NODELIST` and
`MODULEPATH`), should I do so via getenv (in allocator context for
`srun`/`sbatch`) or via the `spank_job_control_getenv/setenv` functions in
the PrologSlurmctld stage ?

Thank You,
Sajid Ali | PhD Candidate
Applied Physics