[slurm-users] slurmd -C showing incorrect core count

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Mar 12 04:55:58 UTC 2020

On 10/3/20 1:40 pm, mike tie wrote:

> Here is the output of lstopo

Hmm, well I believe Slurm should be using hwloc (which provides lstopo)
to get its information (at least it calls the xcpuinfo_hwloc_topo_get()
function for that), so if lstopo works then slurmd should too.

Ah, looking a bit deeper I see in src/slurmd/common/xcpuinfo.c:

         if (!hwloc_xml_whole)
                 hwloc_xml_whole = xstrdup_printf("%s/hwloc_topo_whole.xml",
                                                  conf->spooldir);

Do you happen to have a file called "hwloc_topo_whole.xml" in your spool
directory on that node?  I'm wondering if it's cached old config there.

If so move it out of the way somewhere safe (just in case) and try again.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA