[slurm-users] How to make sreport cluster reports for individual partitions?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Mar 3 20:39:51 UTC 2020

We make cluster utilization reports with sreport using the command:

$ sreport -t hourper --tres=cpu,gpu cluster AccountUtilizationByUser
Start=030120 End=030320 tree

However, there are some strong interests here for making these reports
also for the individual partitions, so that we can analyze how the
different generations of hardware get utilized by different user groups.

Unfortunately, the sreport command doesn't have a "-p partitions" flag,
and the Partitions=<OPT> option is only available for job reports, not
cluster reports.

Has anyone found a way to make sub-cluster reports as indicated?

I actually have a Slurm top-user accounting report tool which can select
partitions:
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/slurmacct
but it doesn't generate the desired account utilization tree as provided
by sreport.

Thanks,
Ole

--