[slurm-users] Enforcing GPU-CPU ratios

Bas van der Vlies bas.vandervlies at surfsara.nl
Tue Jun 23 14:34:05 UTC 2020

Which version of slurm do you use? as slurm 19.05:
  * DefCpuPerGPU

{{{
PartitionName=gpu_shared_education DefCpuPerGPU=3 DefMemPerCPU=20900
Default=No DefaultTime=5 DisableRootJobs=YES ExclusiveUser=NO MaxNodes=1
MaxTime=2-0 Nodes=r30n[4] OverSubscribe=FORCE Priority=1000
QOS=p_gpu_shared_education State=UP
TRESBillingWeights=CPU=4.0,Mem=196.61T,GRES/gpu=12.0,GRES/gpu:gtx1080ti=12.0

}}}

On 23/06/2020 16:01, Durai Arasan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to enforce a fixed ratio of CPUs to GPUs allocated. To
> explain further -  when a job is submitted requesting a certain number
> of GPUs (using --gres=gpu:n) we would like to fix the number of CPUs
> that will be allocated to the job based on the number of GPUs. We would
> like this to be automatically managed by configuration instead of being
> specified by the job submitter, say using the "--cpus-per-gpu" option.
>
> Which part of SLURM configuration can be used to enforce this ratio?
>
> Thank you,
> Durai Arasan
> Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung
> Tübingen

Bas van der Vlies
| Operations, Support & Development | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG
Amsterdam
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300 | bas.vandervlies at surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |