[slurm-users] Enforcing GPU-CPU ratios

Durai Arasan arasan.durai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:01:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

We would like to enforce a fixed ratio of CPUs to GPUs allocated. To
explain further -  when a job is submitted requesting a certain number of
GPUs (using --gres=gpu:n) we would like to fix the number of CPUs that will
be allocated to the job based on the number of GPUs. We would like this to
be automatically managed by configuration instead of being specified by the
job submitter, say using the "--cpus-per-gpu" option.

Which part of SLURM configuration can be used to enforce this ratio?

Thank you,
Durai Arasan
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung
Tübingen