[slurm-users] ssh-keys on compute nodes?

Durai Arasan arasan.durai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 15:16:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

we are setting up a slurm cluster and are at the stage of adding ssh keys
of the users to the nodes.

I thought it would be sufficient to add the ssh keys of the users to only
the designated login nodes. But I heard that it is also necessary to add
them to the compute nodes as well for slurm to be able to submit jobs of
the users successfully. Apparently this is true especially for MPI jobs.

So is it true that ssh keys of the users must be added to the
~/.ssh/authorized_keys of *all* nodes and not just the login nodes?

Thanks,
Durai