[slurm-users] Slurm MySQL database configuration

Peter Mayes pmayes at lenovo.com
Tue Jul 21 14:44:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

My first post to the list, so apologies if this is a FAQ,

My configuration has two nodes allocated for Slurm masters, with a
highly-available NFS server mounting a filesystem across the two nodes.

I need advice on the best configuration.

I naively thought of having a single MariaDB database located in the NFS
server, with slurmctld, slurmdbd and mariadb running on both slurm
nodes, with only one slurmdbd/mariadb actively touching the database at
any one time.

slurm.conf
----------
SlurmctldHost=slurm1(a.b.c.1)
SlurmctldHost=slurm2(a.b.c.2)

AccountingStorageHost=slurm1
AccountingStorageBackupHost=slurm2

slurmdbd.conf

DbdHost=slurm1
DbdBackupHost=slurm2

StorageHost=localhost

But MariaDB doesn't seem to like (possibly understandably) two mysql
daemons accessing a single database instance from two servers.

What would be the best way to configure this setup?

Thanks in advance

-- Peter