[slurm-users] save job comment into job completion data

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon Jul 6 08:00:27 UTC 2020

On 7/5/20 5:42 PM, Fred Liu wrote:
> It looks job comment won't be saved into job completion data, for I can't see it when I use sacct -c
> But I can see it when I use sacct(without -c).
>
> Is it possible to make it work?

The sacct manual page explains the -c parameter:

   -c, --completion
      Use job completion data instead of job accounting.  The JobCompType
parameter in the slurm.conf file must be defined to a non-none option.

I'm not familiar with the job comment field, but you say that it is
printed without -c with the job accounting data.  Why do you want or
expect this to work with the job completion data?

/Ole