[slurm-users] Evenly use all nodes

Timo Rothenpieler timo.rothenpieler at uni-bremen.de
Thu Jul 2 23:25:08 UTC 2020

On 02.07.2020 20:28, Luis Huang wrote:
> You can look into the CR_LLN feature. It works fairly well in our
> environment and jobs are distributed evenly.
>
> SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core_Memory,CR_LLN

 From how I understand it, CR_LLN will schedule jobs to the least used
node. But if there's nearly no jobs running, it will still only use the
first few nodes all the time, and unless enough jobs come up to fill all
nodes it will never touch node 20+.

My current idea for a workaround is writing a cron-script that
periodically collects the current amount of data written on the nodes,
and assigns a Weight to the nodes according to that.