[slurm-users] Multifactor priority configuration

Hadrian Djohari hxd58 at case.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:12:44 UTC 2020

Hi Killian,

We choose to penalize the users a little only for their previous busy jobs,
so we choose short turnarounds.
PriorityDecayHalfLife=1-0
PriorityMaxAge=4-0

The busier the cluster, the longer should the parameters be, so the user
previous jobs will restrict the "future" ones more.
These should be adjusted based on the actual usage and impact to the users.

Best,
Hadrian

--
Hadrian Djohari
Manager of Research Computing Services, [U]Tech