[slurm-users] Multifactor priority configuration

Killian Murphy killian.murphy at york.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 09:19:15 UTC 2020

Hi all.

I’m interested to learn what people are using for the following
configuration items:

   - PriorityDecayHalfLife
   - PriorityMaxAge

and why they have chosen to set these as they have. I believe we haven’t
got these set quite right on our cluster (3-0 for both items), and some
understanding of what other people are doing with these settings might help
us to get this right!

For context, ours is a tier 3 cluster servicing mixed workloads.

Thanks.

Killian
--
Killian Murphy
Research and High Performance Computing Team Leader

Information Services & Wolfson Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratories
University of York
Heslington
York
YO10 5DD