[slurm-users] Forcibly end "zombie" jobs?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jan 8 14:12:26 UTC 2020

Good afternoon everyone,

when trying to collect some accounting information from my Slurm cluster,
I found a couple of jobs that haven't been recorded as "finished", and
therefore show up in every single day accounting since their start date.

All those jobs have been started within a 2-hour period, 75 days ago.
There's no partition allowing run times that long.

I can extract the job ids, "sacct -j $id" returns "COMPLETED".

Is there a means to force an end timestamp into the database for only
these jobs (START matches the specific date, there's no end date)?

Thanks for any suggestion.

- Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)