[slurm-users] RHEL8 support - Missing Symbols in SelectType libraries

Erwin, James james.erwin at intel.com
Fri Feb 21 15:47:10 UTC 2020

Hi Tina,

I also recently encountered symbol errors with slurmd on RHEL 8 , and the work-around posted here solved the problem:

https://klmlinks.wordpress.com/2017/11/18/bug-2443-slurmd-does-not-start-when-built-in-hardened-environment/

I simply added this to the slurm.spec file:

%undefine _hardened_build
%global _hardened_cflags “-Wl,-z,lazy”
%global _hardened_ldflags “-Wl,-z,lazy”

-James