[slurm-users] Slurm Upgrade from 17.02

Marcus Wagner wagner at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 19 14:53:27 UTC 2020

Hi Ricardo,

If I remember right, you can only upgrade two versions further. So you
WILL have to upgrade to 18.08, even if you want to use 19.05 or the
coming 20.02

17.02 -> 17.11 -> 18.08 -> 19.05 -> 20.02
^                  ^
|                  |
|- you are here    |- "farthest jump" to a newer version in one step.

As SchedMD introduced constres in 19.05, consres will become depercated
in future versions. The way you order GPUs is more consistent in the new
version. So, I would upgrade to 19.05. Still you will have in a first
step to upgrade to 18.08 though.

Best
Marcus

--