[slurm-users] Defining an empty partition

Steve Brasier steveb at stackhpc.com
Fri Dec 18 13:17:18 UTC 2020

Thank you Tina, I hadn't realised that would show as "n/a" not "down" in
that case (which IMO would have been confusing). For anyone else hitting
this I think the minimum you can do is something like:

PartitionName=compute Default=YES <options> State=UP Nodes=nosuch
NodeName=nosuch

The documented approach would have been easier in my case given
the constraints of the template logic generating this but at least it's a
workaround.

thanks
Steve

http://stackhpc.com/