[slurm-users] Query for minimum memory required in partition

Sistemas NLHPC sistemas at nlhpc.cl
Wed Dec 16 16:06:09 UTC 2020

 Hello

Good afternoon, i have a query currently in our cluster we have different
partitions:

1 partition called slims with 48 Gb of ram
1 partition called general 192 Gb of ram
1 partition called largemem with 768 Gb of ram.

Is it possible to restrict access to the largemem partition and for tasks
to be accepted as long as a minimum of 193 Gb is reserved in slurm.conf or
another method? This is because we have users who use the largemem
partition reserving less than 192 GB.

Thanks for help.

Mirko Pizarro  Pizarro <mpizarro at nlhpc.cl
Ingeniero de Sistemas
National Laboratory for High Performance Computing (NLHPC)
www.nlhpc.cl

CMM - Centro de Modelamiento Matemático
Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas (FCFM)
Universidad de Chile

Beauchef 851
Edificio Norte - Piso 6, of. 601
Santiago – Chile