[slurm-users] Tuning MaxJobs and MaxJobsSubmit per user and for the whole cluster?

Hoyle, Alan P alanh at email.unc.edu
Fri Aug 7 02:31:55 UTC 2020

I can't find any advice online about how to tune things like MaxJobs on a per-cluster or per-user basis.

As far as I can tell, it seems that the default install cluster MaxJobs seems to be 10,000 and MaxSubmit as the same.  Those seem pretty low to me:  are there resources that get consumed if maxSubmit is much higher or can we raise this without much worry?

Is there advice anywhere about tuning these?  When I google, all I can find are the generic "here's how to change this" and various universities' documentation of "here are the limits we have set."

-alan

Alan Hoyle - alanh at unc.edu
Bioinformatics Scientist
UNC Lineberger - Bioinformatics Core