[slurm-users] Reading which GPUs were assigned to which job

Holtgrewe, Manuel manuel.holtgrewe at bihealth.de
Thu Apr 23 08:48:51 UTC 2020

Dear all,

is it possible to find out which GPU was assigned to which job through squeue or sacct?

My motivation is as follows: some users write jobs with bad resource usage (e.g., 1h CPU to precompute, followed by 1h GPU to process, and so on). I don't care so much about CPUs at the moment as that's not the bottleneck at the moment but GPUs are.

What is the best way to approach this?

Best wishes,

--
Dr. Manuel Holtgrewe, Dipl.-Inform.
Bioinformatician

Visiting Address: Invalidenstr. 80, 3rd Floor, Room 03 028, 10117 Berlin
Postal Address: Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin

E-Mail: manuel.holtgrewe at bihealth.de
Phone: +49 30 450 543 607
Fax: +49 30 450 7 543 901
Web: cubi.bihealth.org  www.bihealth.org  www.mdc-berlin.de  www.charite.de