[slurm-users] Resources are free but Job is not getting scheduled.

navin srivastava navin.altair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:04:51 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

I am facing one issue in my environment. our slurm version is 17.11.x

My question is i have 2 partition:

Queue A  with  node1 and node2  with Priority=1000 shared=yes
Queue B with node1 and node2  with priority=100. shared =yes

Problem is when job from A partition is running then the job from partition
B is not going through eventhough the cpu is available on node1 and node2.

it is only accepting the job from partition A but not from B.
Oversubscription=No tells job will run from both the partition then it
should allow.

Any suggestion.

Regards
Navin.