[slurm-users] SLURM in Virtual Machine

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:44:36 UTC 2019

Well, technically I have run several clusters all in VMs because it is
all in the cloud.

I think the main issue would be how resources are allocated and the
need. Given the choice, I would not run nodes in VMs because the
hypervisor inherently adds overhead that could be used for compute.
However, there are definite use cases that make it worthwhile.

So long as you allocate enough resources for the node (be it the
controller or other) you will be fine.

Brian Andrus