[slurm-users] can't get fairshare to be calculated per partition

Ryan Cox ryan_cox at byu.edu
Wed Oct 30 14:45:54 UTC 2019

Fairshare is calculated based on an "association".  If you look in the
manpage for sacctmgr under ENTITIES, you will see:
        association
               The  entity  used  to  group information consisting of
four parameters: account, cluster, partition (optional), and user.

Users can have entries for multiple partitions, thus making each of
those entries a separate association.  I have played with this before
but don't remember it well enough to be helpful, so you'll have to
familiarize yourself with the sacctmgr manpage.  IIRC it's very similar
to creating a user, it's just that it has the same username but
partition=somepartition3.  Things don't change for how the user
interacts with the system.

This is not the easiest thing to work with since every user would need
each partition (at the least the ones you care about) to be defined for
them.  At least that's my recollection of it, and I could be wrong.

Ryan