[slurm-users] Preemption Priority

Oytun Peksel Oytun.Peksel at semcon.com
Wed Oct 30 12:54:51 UTC 2019

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I enabled both of them but still the oldest job gets suspended. Here is my slurm.conf if you can see something I can't.

  0 MpiDefault=none
  1 ProctrackType=proctrack/linuxproc
  2 ReturnToService=1
  3 SlurmctldPidFile=/var/run/slurmctld.pid
  4 SlurmdPidFile=/var/run/slurmd.pid
  5 SlurmdSpoolDir=/var/spool/slurmd
  6 SlurmUser=slurm
  7 StateSaveLocation=/var/spool/slurmSave
  8 SwitchType=switch/none
  9 TaskPlugin=task/affinity
10 # # SCHEDULING
11 FastSchedule=1
12 SchedulerType=sched/builtin
13 SchedulerParameters=preempt_youngest_first,preempt_strict_order
14 PriorityType=priority/multifactor
15
16 SelectType=select/cons_res
17 SelectTypeParameters=CR_CPU_Memory
18 DefMemPerCPU=1000
19 PreemptType=preempt/partition_prio
20 PreemptMode=suspend,gang
21 SlurmctldParameters=preempt_send_user_signal
22
23 JobSubmitPlugins=lua
24 # # LOGGING AND ACCOUNTING
25 AccountingStorageHost=localhost
26 AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/slurmdbd
27 ClusterName=simulation
28 # #JobAcctGatherFrequency=30
29 JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux
30 SlurmctldLogFile=/var/log/slurmLog/slurmctld.log
31 SlurmdLogFile=/var/log/slurmLog/slurmd.log
32 JobCompType=jobcomp/filetxt
# # COMPUTE NODES
33 NodeName=localhost CPUs=2 CoresPerSocket=1 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN RealMemory=7500
34  PartitionName=DEFAULT Nodes=localhost  PreemptMode=suspend OverSubscribe=FORCE:1 Shared=FORCE:1 MaxTime=INF    INITE State=UP
36 PartitionName=LowPrio Default=YES   PriorityTier=1  PreemptMode=requeue
37 PartitionName=HighPrio MaxTime=240  PriorityTier=2  PreemptMode=suspend Default=NO
38 PartitionName=Express  MaxTime=30 PriorityTier=3 PreemptMode=off Default=NO

Oytun Peksel

oytun.peksel at semcon.com <mailto:oytun.peksel at semcon.com>

+46739205917