[slurm-users] RHEL8 support

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 17:42:59 UTC 2019

Ok, I had been planning on getting around to it, so this prompted me to
do so.

Yes, I can get slurm 19.05.3 to build (and package) under CentOS 8.

There are some caveats, however since many repositories and packages are
changed.

The only bits I don't have yet are the nvml, pmix and ucx

I don't have nvml on the box I am using, so that shouldn't be hard.
The others seem to be packed differently or built/distributed differently.

If anyone is interested in the binary RPMs, I can provide them, just let
me know.

slurm-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-contribs-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-devel-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-example-configs-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-libpmi-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-openlava-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-pam_slurm-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-perlapi-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-slurmctld-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-slurmd-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-slurmdbd-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm
slurm-torque-19.05.3-1.el8.x86_64.rpm

Brian Andrus