[slurm-users] RHEL8 support

Benjamin Redling benjamin.rampe at uni-jena.de
Mon Oct 28 09:32:15 UTC 2019

On 28/10/2019 08.26, Bjørn-Helge Mevik wrote:
> Taras Shapovalov <taras.shapovalov at brightcomputing.com> writes:
>
>> Do I understand correctly that Slurm19 is not compatible with rhel8? It is
>> not in the list https://slurm.schedmd.com/platforms.html
>
> It says
>
> "RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7), CentOS 7, Scientific Linux 7 (and newer)"
>
> Perhaps that includes RHEL8, and CentOS 8, not only Scientific Linux 8?

AFAIK there won't be a Scientific Linux 8 (by Fermilab):
https://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE;11d6001.1904

So it seems if there aren't any other maintainers taking care of a
potential SL8 and "and newer" was written intentionally it has to be
RHEL or CentOS 8.

Regards,
Benjamin
--