[slurm-users] Preemption Priority

Oytun Peksel Oytun.Peksel at semcon.com
Fri Oct 25 11:21:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

Let's say I have two partitions assigned to the same single load in the cluster.
LowPrio with PreemptMode=suspend Priority=1
HighPrio with PreemtMode=off Priority=5

I have 4 identical jobs requiring 1/2 of resources in the cluster. So only 2 jobs can run at the same time.
I queue up two of these jobs to LowPrio partition one after the other. Let's say one have jobid=10 and the next one has jobd=11

Then I queue up a third job to HighPrio partition. One of the LowPrio jobs immediately get suspended.

Q1. How can I make sure the one submitted latest(jobid=11 in this case) gets suspended and not jobid=10?

Then before any job is finished I submit the final job to LowPrio partition.

So the queue looks like this
[cid:image001.png at 01D58B36.DE3E3010]

Q2. When HighPrio job (12) finishes how can I make sure suspended job(10) would start instead of the pending job(13)?

Thanks

Oytun Peksel

When you communicate with us or otherwise interact with Semcon, we will process personal data that you provide to us or we collect about you, please read more in our Privacy Policy<https://semcon.com/data-privacy-policy/>.