[slurm-users] Help with preemtion based on licenses

Oytun Peksel Oytun.Peksel at semcon.com
Wed Nov 6 15:36:57 UTC 2019

Thanks for the information Mark.

I understand. GPU part of the discussion is beyond my knowledge so I assumed it would be possible to release it.

But as for the licenses it is always possible to leave it to the system admin. It is possible to take care of license release and reacquire using scripts instead of assuming it is not possible. At least there should be an easy configuration option to configure generic or trackable resources to be releasable.

After all software licenses might be the most expensive resource to utilize  where preemption might sometimes be inevitable.

For now I have no better plan than to dig in the source code to find an easy way to change this behavior.

Oytun Peksel
oytun.peksel at semcon.com
Mobile   +46739205917