[slurm-users] Replacement for FastSchedule since 19.05.3

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Nov 6 02:29:00 UTC 2019

On 5/11/19 6:36 am, Taras Shapovalov wrote:

> Since Slurm 19.05.3 we get an error message that FastSchedule is
> deprecated. But I cannot find in the documentation what is an
> alternative option for FastSchedule=0. Do you know how we can do that
> without using the option since 19.05.3?

There isn't an alternative for FastSchedule=0 from what I can see, it
seems that it doesn't work properly with cons_tres (which will be
replacing cons_res) and so is destined for the scrap heap.

See slide 10 of Tim's presentation from this years Slurm Users Group
meeting:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG19/Slurm_20.02_and_Beyond.pdf

All the best,
Chris