[slurm-users] Slurm Install on Remote System

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun May 26 04:26:54 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 25 May 2019 6:56:58 AM PDT Priya Mishra wrote:

> Yes,it is a single server. I am an undergraduate student . I am doing a
> project on job scheduling in clusters and needed slurm for the same. So I
> started with a single system and once I am able to run slurm successfully
> on one system , I will expand to include more systems.

I suspect you're going to find this very hard without having root access as you
will need to ensure you have the same munge keys across all systems (as well
as the same usernames and UNIX UID's for them).

You might find that firing up a little cluster in a set of VM's makes life a lot
easier for you as you'll be able to control the whole environment.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA