[slurm-users] incompatible plugin version

Ansgar Esztermann-Kirchner aeszter at mpibpc.mpg.de
Fri May 24 12:51:52 UTC 2019

Hello List,

I'm seeing a version clash when trying to start MPI jobs via srun.
In stderr, my executable (mdrun) complains about:

mdrun: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/slurm/auth_munge.so: Incompatible Slurm plug
in version (17.11.9)

I've checked my installation, and found nothing that suggests there
are components from different versions installed.
So, two questions:

-since this is a slurm message, does it actually come from slurmstepd
 before exec()ing mdrun?
-if so, is there any way to find out which version slurmstepd thinks
 it is?

Thanks,

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann
Sysadmin Dep. Theoretical and Computational Biophysics